Children & Student Ministries
*Space still available for 2021-2022*
Scroll down to check openings and register online!
A note from our Director:
Thank you for wanting to find out more about Northwest Preschool! As a Preschool Director for almost 20 years I am blessed to have spent the last six years at Northwest. We place an emphasis on Bible teaching and our dedicated teachers take great care to show the love of God in an environment where children can grow spiritually, physically, socially, and emotionally. It is a nurturing environment and if a 2-day program works with your family's schedule, I would love to answer any questions or give you a tour to see if we could be a good fit for your child.
- Patricia Martell
Days and Times
Our program meets on Tuesdays and Thursday (both days required) from 9 AM—2 PM. We meet September through May and typically follow the DISD holiday calendar. The current calendar can be found under Resources.
We accept children ages 12 months through 4 years old by September 1 of class year. Children who are 5 years and not currently enrolled in kindergarten may enroll in the program.
|Registration Fee (non-refundable)||
|Annual Supply Fee||
|Monthly Tuition for 1 & 2-year-old Classes||
|Monthly Tuition for 3 & 4-year-old Classes||
Tuition is payable monthly and due on the first day of each month (or the first school day after the 1st). A late fee of $15 will be charged for tuition payment made after the 10th of each month. See below for Online Payment links.
Registration Fee must be paid online as part of the registration process. Supply Fee and Monthly Tuition can be paid by check or cash to the Preschool Office, or online with credit card or e-check.
Each room is staffed with two teachers who have passed a criminal background check and are current in CPR and First Aid training. Lead Teachers in PK-3 and PK-4 classes have their Teaching Certification.
Our teaching staff is dedicated to making the Preschool program a positive learning experience. We have a well-planned curriculum, which provides a teaching topic for each month. The activities are organized around the topics using art, music, and fine motor skills, listening skills, cognitive skills and group time. The daily schedule includes both vigorous and quiet indoor activities and playground time. Because we are a Christian program, Bible stories, principles and scripture are used throughout the week.
Ones and Twos use the Toddler Experience curriculum. PK-3 and PK-4 classes use a Teacher Developed Thematic curriculum along with Zoo Phonics (an interactive phonics program).
All ages attend Music class once each week, and Twos through PK-4 attend Chapel weekly.
Parents sign up to bring weekly snacks for their child’s class. A lunch should be brought from home made up of finger foods that can be served with little assistance. Please do not send nut products in your child’s lunch or as a snack, as there are many nut allergies among children and staff.
Children entering a PK-3 class should be potty trained by the start of school. They should be able to pull their underwear up and down by themselves and use the restroom with minimal assistance.
A formal rest time is provided each day for Ones and Twos classes. A recording of quiet music is played while the children rest. If you do not want your child to rest on campus, they can be picked up between 12:00–12:30 p.m. immediately following lunch (check with teacher for specific time).
PK-3and PK-4 classes have a rest period, but the children are not expected to sleep. Should a child in a PK-3 or PK-4 class fall asleep they will be allowed to remain asleep. After the brief rest period, the children that are awake will participate in planned afternoon centers.
Registration begins each January for the upcoming school year. Priority enrollment is given to current Preschool families followed by Northwest Bible Church attendees. Registration is then opened to the public and age group registration form links are posted on this page.
2021-2022 Enrollment Information
Please make note of these things BEFORE registering your child.
- Registration links will be emailed to current and church families on the dates listed above. On January 28 the links will go live here on our website at 9:00 a.m. Please continue to refresh your page until links apear below.
- Our spaces are filled on a first come/first serve basis. To make the registration process go faster you can create an online account with Northwest HERE.
- You will need the following information when you complete the online registration form:
- Names and phone numbers of adults who are authorized to pick-up your child and an Emergency Contact for your child.
- Name and phone number of your child’s doctor.
- Login to the Registration link according to your child’s AGE below. This the age they will be by September 1 of that school year.
- Click “Add Person” if you do not see your child listed in your household. Just enter Child’s name, Birthdate, Gender and Place in Household. Please do not add a phone number or email for the child and no photo is needed for registration.
- Once child is added to your household, select the child then click “Continue”.
- The Registration Fee of $175 will be charged at the end of the registration process and can be paid with credit card or e-check.
- This process will need to be repeated for each child you are enrolling.
- After registering you will receive an email confirmation with payment receipt and information about our upcoming school year.
- If the age group you are registering for is closed, you can select the Waiting List link and complete the information requested. There is no charge to be added to the Waiting List.
2021-2022 Registration Links
Please select the age group link below based on your child’s age as of September 1, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
Phone number – 469.453.7737
Email – email@example.com
Address – 8505 Douglas Ave, Dallas, TX 75225
(Northwest Highway @ Dallas Tollway)